19 May 2005

Are you Happy?

hello. hope anyone who might pause here, finds reason to stay, read, enjoy, smile, crinkle a brow, return, share, whatever gets your beer a head, your hammer a nail etc...

Here's a bit (but only the tip) about me.

I was born and raised where I now live, I am married with two kids. I graduated from college with a bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering. Made it through college with minimal bills by earning a full ride scholarship and now work where my parents worked.
My wife and I have built two houses and have no plans to move from where we now live.

My only sister was recently married for the second time and while I don't enjoy a close relationship with my little sister (3 yrs younger) family is all you got sometimes so I try to fight the good fight and recently have been communicating more frequently with her.

I love being outside, biking, running, hooping, walking, fishing, sitting around a campfire and shooting the breeze, don't matter, I enjoy the outdoors.

Additionally, I love beer, wine, and rock and roll, more on this whenever I feel like expounding.

However with two kids of 7 and 4.5 it is difficult to do some of these things to the extent I desire. So, along with other things, like work, family, etc I forthwith proclaim this blog a place to express my joy, frustration, hysteria, paranoia, stupidity, fear, dislikes, likes, miscellaneous thoughts, bewilderment, dimentia, and whatever else I determine is appropriate for this space.

I must say that a couple of my co-workers and friends are also expressing themselves via this anonymous vehicle of thoughts and feelings, and my contemplation of the possibilities of this media both made me pause in taking the figurative pen to paper and also drew me like moth to porch light. On the other hand, they ain't the only reason I choose to try this, and they might never know so there you go...

So, here's what's on tap for the weekend, my wife and I are taking the kids camping in northeastern michigan, leaving tomorrow and returning Sunday, hopefully we'll find some morels but more likely beefsteaks which also go good on a hamburger or in scrambled eggs.
I don't think I'll be so selfish as to take my mt bike and ride while on vacation with the kids but if my wife were to query why I wasn't you can bet that'd green light the sitch. Probably won't take a fly rod either, maybe the vise and tie up some bugs, but either takes my time from my wonderful children, so probably short hikes, swimming, and snuggling with my 4.5 yr old daughter are on tap for me, which is just fine.

So, from the title of the post, which loosely references the new Mudvayne single, you can get a flavor for what I have been listening to lately, additionally, My Chemical Romance, The Used, The Killers, Audioslave, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, The Clash, the Dead Kennedys, Deftones, Led Zeppelin and always Black Sabbath. Always looking for new music, across all styles, to listen to.

Right now I am watching the Pistons vs Pacers, sure is a good game, I am cheering for the Pistons, but a good game is better than an easy win, in my book.

Hopefully, I'll have this much energy in the future to post, but who knows, I am unpredictable.

Thanks for sharing. PO Monte

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Came accross this site today - fly fishing for trout. I was amazed by the pics in the pdf they're giving away, so I'm looking for someone who knows if this guy is on the level, before I buy this fly fishing training manual.

07 February, 2006 04:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home