09 December 2006

Don't cut out my paper heart, I ain't dyin anyway

Fantabulous day here, you? Hope it was great. Did the hoop coach thing this this morning and the popcorn/cookie delivery boy thing this afternoon, after a healthy dose of santa like activity for the most important mom in our lives, we had a great day.

Winter is here, Santa is coming, the hype is on, gotta give, give, give.

Watched ELF with the kids tonight, pretty good, my kids liked it.

So, I didn't enjoy hoop very much Friday, three items caused my temporary dismay, one; I was out late at a local brewery, two, I ate too much salty pistachio, last I had to play against a kid twenty years younger than me, who played in University, he kicks my ass every time, wish I'd taken care of him twenty years ago when I held, him as a newborn,just kidding, it's the way it's supposed to be, I've realized that and am just happy to be un-sedentary.

So, is it possible to truly change ones self? How can you tell? Isn't it really a judgement call based on feedback from others? I suppose that if you haven't seen someone in a long time they may think you have really changed, but does someone who sees you every day feel the same way? What are people's judgements of who you are based upon? Should you be concerned about what people think of you? In a corporate world we are taught to accept and learn from feedback both spoken and un, but doesn't chasing the corporate ideal take you farther from who you are and closer to something you swore you'd never be? So here lies the crux of the matter you can sell yourself for positions, power, fame and more pay, or you can starve, or achieve less than controlling your destiny or both. At least that's the way the anachronistic, Jello Biafra, John Lydon, Joe Strummer fan in me feels, it's a real conundrum. So can you improve yourself, or maybe a better question is, can you afford not to?

So probably going over to Asia at least twice again in 2007, gotta get those trips planned or they'll get planned for me and I don't want that.

Merry Christmas and PO Monte!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home