03 December 2005

On the verge of buzzdom

Sittin here, at the puter, buzzed again, Corsendonk, good shtuff. Saw Harry Potter and the bunglet of fire with my son this afternoon, twas ok, not great not terrible.

Watched Eyes wide shut last nite, always have liked Kubrick, plus all the nude shots of Nicole Cruise would make any Greggy chubby.

So my mom is sick in a St Petersburg, FLA hospital with Pnuemonia, kind of wierd, she's been in since Thursday, I have talked to her a couple of times, seems like she's getting better, but they aren't letting her out, maybe that's not a good sign...

Here's a thought, airports are a huge waste of time, however they are a necessary evil, people need to be herded like cattle to one spot to get on a tube with wings, then fly to another airport to hurry up and wait at the next gate, it sucks, it sucks, I can't believe how much time is wasted sitting and waiting, very frustrating.

Been getting a lot of static at the office lately, seems deadlines for three projects are coinciding and everyone wants their stuff done as far ahead of deadline as possible, which I can understand, but with three entirely different groups asking for data, analysis, presentation, documentation, conclusions, recommendations and communication at the same time, I find it hard to understand why people can't be a little more understanding and patient, I haven't missed a deadline in a long time and will not miss one in this sudden downpour of demand. Guess you have to prove it everyday...

On the flip side of that bitch, I suppose, it's my responsibility to effectively communicate my workload and manage expectations, problem is I feel like I am whining and I hate whining so, deal with it I will.

Had fun today at my son's hoop game, I am the team coach and am having a blast with the boys, we have practices for an hour once a week and one game a week on Saturday's, seems like the boys make huge improvements every week and most everyone has a lot of fun at every game, I have two great assistant coaches working with me, it just is fun.

That's just about it for now, I am gonna keep stokin the buzz, watch football and the ball. PO Monte.