05 March 2007

Lookin for a life to call my own

Been diggin Beck lately, kind of rock, kind of funk, cool lyrics with meaning. I like all of his albums, 'specially the last two.

Traveling again. Japan, Korea and China, now I am in Seoul, Korea, waiting for a flight to Shanghai, sitting in the Korean Airlines Prestige Lounge, sipping Heineken.

Have to say my favorite destination lately is Japan, just a cool country, the people are very friendly, food is awesome and nommunications suit me fine.

Went out one night to the Ginza district of Tokyo for Sushi, Sake and Karaoke, great time, great experience, Thanks Michy and Naka-yan.

Spent a night in the Fukui Prefecture recently at the Grandia Housen, highly recommended to everyone, more traditional Japanese than I have been exposed to, Fukui is on the East side of the islandand is mostly rice fields surrounded by mountains, the views are spectacular. Then there are many hot springs, which are not to be missed, very relaxing after a day in the office, or a long night of nommunications.

Sounds like I'll be back in Japan several times this year, training, investment opportunities to look after. Hoping to take the family...

It's been 9 days on the road and I have another 4 to go, next time I get an itch to travel I'll have to try and remember the empty feeling it leaves me with....

So as far as expensive cities go, I think Seoul may have a leg up on Tokyo, you can't fart in Seoul for less than $100, which is 91,500 Korean Won at the exchange rate I paid in the hotel.

It snowed in Seoul today, didn't like looking at that, reminds me of what I am going home to.

Waiting with breath o' baited for news on the Dalmac accepted rider list, if I don't get in it'll be another bandito year, but those other guys I sent in with me in the envelope may be SOL.

Oh well, that's about all I got for now, maybe I'll get energetic and post again on this trip, but maybe I am just teasing.

2 Comments:

Blogger wino said...

No worries cat... I'll bandito with you if we don't get accepted!


biking wino

13 March, 2007 22:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

11 November, 2008 15:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home