11 August 2007

Wake up, it's time.

I just gotta say, it's all good, everything is rolling right along. We seem to be in the sweet spot right now and boy does it feel good. Gotta work hard to stay here, cause it's good.

I have been lucky enough to ride about 200 miles in the last week as training for the upcoming DALMAC ride, I am starting to feel good about the challenge of 350 miles over 4 days, third year I've done this, so I know what to expect, but the trepidations surrounding my conditioning, or lack thereof always give me a case of the heebies, just prior to the event.
Got a new rider or two in our "crew" this year, trying to recruit one or two for next year, even though I am an introvert I still enjoy the pleasure of the pain involved in Dalmac, and sharing that with new riders to the tour.

S and M, Bondage anyone?

The corporation I work for has decided that it's time to cut back on expenses for the year, a usual activity for Fall, thus I may not have to go to Asia for 2+ weeks directly after Dalmac, kind of bittersweet, on one hand my son is playing football and I'll miss 3 weekends of his games (he's a team captain) and all of the college/pro games to watch with my son, on the other hand I do enjoy travel, especially to Asia, I have many friends in Japan and China and look forward to catching up with them, so I guess from one perspective, I cannot lose, either way it goes I am doing good.

Gotta say, I am really liking the new VR disc, it's very good. Not liking the new Qotsa disc as much, and the new SP isn't good, but that's just my opinion, and you know how they are. "0"

Usually try to title any post with a line from the music I am currently listening to, this one is a Foo Fighters line from "Razor", either disc that it's on is solid, In your Honor or Skin and Bones, like em both.

I didn't yet mention the most exciting news, my old friend the Creative MP3 Zen Player is back and in full effect. Finally did some reseach on the hard drive form factor and found a replacement, installed myself, re-installed the firmware and upgraded the software, works sweet, what a way to make an old man feel like he is still usefull in this world, did the whole freakin (props to the kicker) thing myself. I love it.

My new fantasy football team name in Re-peter cottonbrain, trying to work in a few things here, first, I am defending league champ so I wanna Repeat. Next one of my favorite things to do is hassle a guy at work named Pete, thus the mis-spell of the Repeter's, last I think Pete's an Idiot, thus the cottonbrain, kind of a rip off of cotton tail but also a bow to cotton headed ninnymuggins from the movie Elf.

I don't think Pete's smart enough to get all of that, but we'll see, a couple of year's ago he called me a "Pickle Smoocher", which instantly became my team name. When all of the ideas spring from one well of stupidity there is risk, but given the level of stupidity we are talking about, I think ideas will spring from the well eternal.

I am spent, PO Monte!


1 Comments:

Blogger alex said...

S'posen you speak to http://www.jouqoech.info/?search=hof her 'bout it.. He talked on, therefore, at great length, while I merely leaned back in http://www.jouqoech.info/?search=gericom+l my chair with my eyes shut, and amused myself with munching raisins and filiping the stems about the room...

31 August, 2007 21:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home